l.y.n.K.s

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

UP and Old Love

After watching UP, I searched for this passage in my email archives. It was forwarded by Nikki a few months ago. This line pretty sums up why I cried from the start to the end of the movie.

“The question is asked, ‘Is there anything more beautiful in life than a boy and a girl clasping clean hands, and pure hearts in the path of marriage? Can there be anything more beautiful than young love?’ And the answer is given. ‘Yes there is a more beautiful thing. It is the spectacle of an old man and an old woman finishing their journey together on that path. Their hands are gnarled, but still clasped. Their faces are seamed, but still radiant. Their hearts are physically bowed and tired. But still strong with love and devotion for one another. Yes, there is a more beautiful thing than young loveold love.”
I have a thing for old love -- I fancy it. *daydreams*

6 comment(s):

Ako rin ako rin! I get all mushy and often times even teary-eyed basta I see old couples in love. As I'm growing older with Mark din I appreciate old love even more kasi I realize just how much sacrifice, compromise, dedication, and real love it takes for love to grow more beautiful as time passes by. Hayyy. Na-mumushy na naman ako. Hehe. In the end though I fancy seeing myself hopefully not too gnarled kasi vain ako (wahehe) with Mark and meeting up sana with you guys (wink wink ang tagal kasi!) reminiscng sa past. Next best thing to old love kasi ata is old friends...

(Di counted family kasi wala silang choice! Haha.)

By Blogger Hannah Grace, at 12:27 AM  

I still believe in "old love" even if parang konti nalang nakikita kong ganun hehe

By Anonymous Pasyalera, at 3:40 PM  

@Hannah: ditto about old friends. :)

Of course it's really always good to see couples who are so much in love with each other, pero sobrang genuine kasi ng dating ng old couples still holding each other's hands and looking at each other eye to eye. :)

@Pasyalera: Hello! :-h Agree, wala na nga din ako masyadong nakikita, siguro kaya din tumataas yung value ng old love kasi nga very much rare siya. Pero sobrang cute ng old couples talaga! ^_^ Like I said, sobrang genuine ng dating. Parang purely love talaga, wala yung lust effect. Hahaha!

By Blogger K.L.Y.N, at 12:02 PM  

hi happy birthday ya hopefully longevity

By Blogger Unknown, at 9:31 AM  

hi happy birthday ya hopefully longevity

By Blogger Unknown, at 9:31 AM  

you have very nice blog.

By Blogger Nabeel Akhtar, at 9:23 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home