l.y.n.K.s

Saturday, November 15, 2008

GARY V LIVE @ 25

Nikki and I watched this concert last night. A few weeks ago, I was already thinking if we'll just cancel this since we don't have enough money for the tickets. My salary has been on-hold since September and at the time that we were planning to buy tickets, my money (and Nikki's money which he has been lending to me for weeks :P) is just enough for our combined usual expenses and allowance. But we really want to watch the concert... and so I came up with the plan... our ten-peso coin savings was the answer! Haha!

I have just started my second set of 10-peso coin savings (we used the first set to buy Lea Salonga's Cinderella tickets). I was a little worried that the contents of the piggy bank will not be enough for what we need... but after counting the coins... VOILA! It is 300-peso more than the amount we need! Fantastic! Within the week, I had the coin collection exchanged for bills and we headed to Manila Genesis' office to pick-up the tickets that Nikki reserved. Manila Genesis have the best and cheapest seats for this concert so we opted to get tickets directly from them instead of TicketNet (but the trade-off is we need to pay in cash).

It was all worth it. I must say that the concert is worth emptying any piggy bank! It was a visual feast for everyone given all the guest artists and celebrity audiences in the concert. Guests artists were: Philippine All Star, Rivermaya, Sugarfree, Jericho Rosales, Karylle, Rachel Ann Go, Laarni Lozada (PDA winner), Maneuvers (of course!), Paolo Valenciano, Gab Valenciano, Kiana Valenciano and Martin Nievera. Celebrity audiences to name a few were: Sharon Cuneta, Kiko Pangilinan, KC Concepcion, Regine Velasquez, Ogie Alcasid, German Moreno, Tessa Prieto, Tim Yap, Iza Calzado, Phoemela Beranda and Randy Santiago.

It was really a blast! But more than the visual feast, I would say that it was like a spiritual feeding program for us. The concert was worth it, not because of all the famous faces who were there, but because of the message and inspiration that it has imparted to us. We were really blessed. Gary was out of voice during the concert, he was really paos, but he said that he knows that God will see him through and that we will all see a miracle. I can say, we did see a miracle. We did witness God working at large at the Big Dome, touching everyone's life and uplifting everyone's spirit, through the songs, through the melody, through the dances, even through the adlibs and the effects.

After almost 4 hours of what I can call a worship concert, we went home, spirits uplifted and hearts touched. It was such a night of blessing, and I know that it was the Lord who made a way for us to watch this concert. God wanted us to be blessed. =)

2 comment(s):

wish i was there!

By Blogger JAm, at 7:09 PM  

pag may next time pa, sama ka. hehe.

By Blogger K.L.Y.N, at 6:26 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home