l.y.n.K.s

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

All about Politics

I got this email containing profiles and pertinent information about the senatoriables from an officemate. Whoever is the original source of this email, thanks to him/her. It's nice to know that there are persons who extend extra effort to ensure that voters will make the right move and pick the right choices on May 14. The email contains (among others) educational background of the senatoriables, their political experiences, and republic acts that they have voted or not voted for. I really think that voters should know at least the political background of to-be senators. For me, it is important that those who will be elected in the legislative slate are not newbies in the political world. How can they handle national concerns, if they don't even know how to address local government issues. This is especially true for showbiz personalities. It's not about them being famous actors -- it's about them being unexperienced politicians. In a legislative position, profession/work is not an issue, but experience is. For me, people like them can run for national position as long as they have experienced how to handle local government concerns, municipal orders, provincial directives, etc. Celebrities are fortunate that popularity is not a problem for them, but they are unfortunate that their work does not give them background and experience on political science, authoring of law, and other must-haves of an ideal senator-- they have to learn first, and they can't learn it in one big stride... just one step at a time. Well, there are exceptions, but in general, outstanding senators were once local government officials or leaders of a smaller unit of government.

This is just me thinking aloud, and sharing how I will base my votes come election day.

I plan to print out the email and share it with my family, churchmates and friends. That's the least that I can do to ensure a desirable outcome on May 14 election.

P.S.
I hate Chavit Singson! He is not a showbiz personality (although he's trying hard to be) and he has experience (dirty exprience, that is), but he's the epitome of a TRAditional POlitician! If there's a list of who should not be voted on election day, he'll definitely be on top of my list!

Lastly, I hope residents of GenSan will be wise enough to vote Custodio over Pacquiao. I really hope so.

Labels:

1 comment(s):

if Chavit Singson becomes senator i shall, indeed, be very sad. he's got a bad record already, i'm wondering why he's not in jail in the first place. if he wins, it means that Filipinos as dumb enough to vote for him---even taking into account the manipulated ballots. ugh.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:14 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home