l.y.n.K.s

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

SEQUEL: Secret (last minute) campaign

We waited for the canvassing to be completed at around 3am, only to hear the news that my father lost by *sigh* 5 votes *another sigh*!

Of course, my father's supporters believed that he was cheated, because the result of final canvassing didn't tally with the watchers' partial vote count, and because the opponent has violated a lot of election rules like being in the precint during the actual election and speaking foul words during the canvassing. We even got videos and picture of him doing those violations. My father's supporters are up to an appeal, I think. But for us, it is ok that he lost. Besides, the opponent and his supporters don't look like they could accept defeat. We were so afraid at what they can do to our father if he wins, so we stayed beside him the whole time.

After we have confirmed the opponent's five-point lead, my father didn't bother to ask questions anymore, even if there are a lot of questions to be asked. He went straight to shake the opponent's hand. Even the policemen were surprised when they saw him do it because the rivalry was really really intense. But I wasn't surprised at what my father did. He has always been a good and fair fighter. It's such a sad thought that he didn't make it. I pity those who could have benefited from him as a good leader.

My father has already asked his supporters to drop the appeal, but I doubt that they will surrender that easy. They can go on with it if they want. We would help them by compiling the videos and pictures. But after that, we will just quietly monitor the progress. We have already accepted that my father didn't make it. For me, he has already proven his competence as a leader, it is the people's liability that they will not see him prove himself some more.

My father didn't become a Barangay Captain, but at least now, he can be just a father. I am sure that there's a better plan for him. I'm eager and looking forward to know what that better plan is. It was a good fight, anyway. In my father's words: "... kahit talo, ito pa din ang pinakamagandang nangyari sa akin. Kahit papano nalaman niyang meron pwedeng lumaban sa kanya, baka sakali pag-igihan niya ngayon."

I love my father so much and I am so proud of him!

Labels: , ,

2 comment(s):

Aww. Shucks. Pero grabe you are right to be proud of your dad. He's such a sport. I mean if I were him and alam ko na ganung may violations I wouldn't be able to make myself shake anyone's hands. I'm pretty sure I'll be sourgraping! Hehe. Shows your dad's true character.^_^

By Blogger Hannah Grace, at 10:39 AM  

Yeah! I so love my tatay! ^_^

By Blogger K.L.Y.N, at 9:05 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home