l.y.n.K.s

Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Much needed rain

The rain turned my 10-minute walk to a 15-minute jeepney ride (from office to apartment). The rain hindered a friend from visiting us and sleeping over in the apartment. The rain caused flood in some parts of Manila. The rain caused heavy traffic last night and this morning.

But I am still thankful for the rain.

This is the much needed rain by our country. Based on news clippings, for the period of January – July, only 2 typhoons hit the Philippines, this is only 25% as compared to the statistics from the same period last year. Although, PAG-ASA said that rains are expected to normalize in September, some people can’t help but fret about the big drop in statistics. On the average, 20 tropical cyclones hit the Philippines in a year. There are still around 4 ½ months left for this year, I wonder what can happen.

I pray for more moderate rain to hit the affected areas in the country – the prime agricultural provinces, the water sheds and other provinces that are indirectly affected by the dry spell.

Instead of uttering rants about the rains, let’s look at the positive side – thank God for the rain and pray for more. Ü

Labels: , ,

4 comment(s):

thank God for the rain and pray for more.

amen to that! :D

By Blogger JAm, at 11:36 AM  

Rain is almost always positive kasi I do prefer rainy weather tlga...unless may swimming na naka schedule. ^_^ The rain cheers me up. It makes me feel clean and fresh just like the air after it's rained hard. I love the breeze. I love the sound of it makes. I love the look of the sky after the rain. And I love the money it saves me dahil patay ang aircon!

By Blogger Hannah Grace, at 6:20 PM  

Okey nga lang naman ang ulan.. Basta hindi kelangan sugurin! =p

By Blogger Nikki!, at 6:25 PM  





شركة تركيب اثاث ايكيا بالرياض
تركيب ستائر بالرياض
شركة تركيب ستائر بالرياض
شركة تركيب اثاث ايكيا بالرياض
فني تركيب ستلايت بالرياض
فني تركيب ستلايت بالرياض
فني تركيب ستلايت بجدة

By Blogger abo-bder, at 7:22 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home