l.y.n.K.s

Monday, December 05, 2005

Where have they all gone?

Last night, on my way home from another gimmick with my friends/officemates, I witnessed a very disappointing incidence.

In the bus I'm riding is a girl with loads of stuff in her hands. In her right hand is a big and bulky plastic bag, and in her left hand is a box which seems to contain a cake; a big shoulder bag also hangs on her side. She boarded the jam-packed vehicle and found a good spot near the pole just beside the driver's seat. She held on to the pole, and got settled in that position for a while. Then a manly voice shouted from behind, it was the bus conductor-- "Miss, usod ka dito sa likod para hindi ka masagi jan."

She immediately heeded the man's advice. She turned and walked through the narrow and crowded isle to reach the position that the bus conductor had reserved for her. But to everyone's surprise, the bus engine suddenly revved up and the vehicle began moving. The girl missed a step and toppled, right in front of every passenger in that crammed vehicle! The bus conductor immediately extended his arms to assist the girl. And she regained her poise, but she seems a bit humiliated (who wouldn't be?!). The bus conductor took her baggages and handed it back to her as soon as she got settled. And she stood in the isle again, leaning on one of the occupied seats, and still clutching her baggages with her hands.

When I turned my gaze away from the girl, I caught sight of the other passengers. Then I realized that most of them are men. Middle-aged men with real good frames and physique. Some of them looked at her, some just ignored her, but NONE OF THEM OFFERED SEAT TO THE GIRL IN DISTRESS! Such a disappointing scene!

Then I said to myself...
Where have all the gentlemen gone???!!!

Gone were the days where men offer their seats to women, or at least to the eldelry.
Gone were the days where gents offer a hand to ladies loaded with stuff to carry.
Gone were the days where gentlemen let the ladies ride the vehicle first to let them get a better seat.
Gone were the days where gentlemen alight the jeepneys first so they can offer a hand to the ladies as they get off the vehicle.
Gone were the days where doors are opened for women by the gentlemen.

Tsk tsk tsk. Very disappointing.

But I don't have this view for men, in general. Just most of them. At least I still know a number of gentlemen and most of them, my friends. Well, my male friends usually get a reprimand from me if they act so "ungentlemanly" (well, if we're that close), coz I really hate that act!

Sorry for this, I just can't hide my disappointment! Hmpf!

2 comment(s):

still at ofc. gutom.

sabi nila, women want equality and so this is what we get. And i actually agree.

Kaya ayoko ng equality.. hindi dapat equality sa lahat ng bagay. Hehe. Unfair yun sa mga lalake. :P

Pero kung elderly na yung hindi pinaupo.. naku, grr.

Sabi nga ni sassy girl, "Dont wear pink."

By Blogger Prinsesa, at 7:05 PM  

I’ve never been an advocate of “equality between men and women” thingie, for the simple reason that it wouldn’t be fair to demand for “gentlemanliness” if I support such thought. But that doesn’t mean that I go for the notion that men are more superior than women, and vice versa. No gender is superior than another, and I don’t call that equality, complementary perhaps. Yeah, complementary is better.

Anyway, nakakainis lang talaga yung mga “ungentleman” guys. Minsan nga, mas “gentleman” pa ako sa mga lalaki jan, lalo na when it comes to elderly. Grrr… kakagigil sila!

Kawawa talaga yung girl. :( I even forgot to mention (so now I’m doing it), that the person occupying the seat where the girl was leaning (after she toppled) was a guy! Grrr… that guy! Sana maging miserable ang lovelife niya! Hahaha! Nagalit?! OO, galit nga ako sa mga lalaking tulad nun! :P (Hindi kaya nila naiisip, what if it happens to their mothers/sisters?! Tsk tsk tsk…)

By Blogger K.L.Y.N, at 12:41 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home