l.y.n.K.s

Monday, January 23, 2006

Sudden Patriotism.

Our whole household was caught hooting at the tenth round of Manny Pacquiao's bout with Eric Morales. Drowsy as I was when the match was aired at ABS-CBN (delayed telecast, though they claim it was aired live!!! hmmmp!), I tried to use up the last set of my energy to keep my eyes open and witness the battle. Wehehe! Boxing fanatic ang beauty ko! Hahaha! :))

When Pacman finally knocked down Morales on the tenth round, I unconsciously raised my hands in victory and whooped!!!! I can only laugh at myself now for acting that way. hee hee. But I'm not ashamed. I felt as victorious as every other Filipino at that time. I am still. And it's good to know that at one point in time, every Filipino feels the same. Unfortunately, that time was so fleeting. But then again, it's possible. I just wonder, how many more faces should swell, how many more noses should bleed, how many more persons will be knocked out before we ultimately act as one. (waha! just when did I become this patriotic??)

Anyway, I just can't contain my happiness. At least, since yesterday and perhaps a few more days after Friday (Manny's departure from U.S.), the air would be filled with good news and upshots of triumph. Well, I expect that Pacman's success will be politicized a few days from now and I'm outta that! I don't care now how much money the government awards to Manny or who gives what amount. The real triumph is Manny Pacquiao knocking out Eric Morales at the tenth round of their match. That's the triumph I'm sharing with him and with every other Filipino. I don't give a damn at the monetary upshots, after all, hindi naman ako makakabalato dun! :))

Grabe,
how patriotic can I suddenly get?! But I guess, I'm not the only person who shares this feeling right now. You see, after the game, even before Manny Pacquiao was officialy proclaimed as the winner, the baritone singing voice of my lolo resounded in our sala...

Bayang Magiliw
Perlas ng silanganan
Alab ng puso
Sa dibdib mo'y buhay

Lupang Hinirang
Duyan ka ng magiting
Sa manlulupig
Di ka pasisiil

...

He wasn't able to finish the anthem, because the commercials ended and the proclamation of winner began. Nakakatuwa! My lolo got so indulged with Manny's success, he started punching in the air and half-seriously said, "gagamit na ako ng Alaxan! (Pacman is endorsing Alaxan!)" =))

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home